Welcome to the Formosa Selection Smart Living Exhibition Hall (website address: http://smart-living.tw; hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). To any user that views the Website, the China Productivity Center (hereinafter referred to as the “CPC”) does not make any statement or determination about the correctness, timelines, suitability or reliability of any message or information acquired from the Website (hereinafter referred to as “Web Contents”). All Web Contents are provided on an “as is” and an “as available” basis. CPC expressly disclaims any express or implied warranty (guarantee), including but not limited to fitness for specific purpose and non-infringement of rights.
Any user that views the Website shall solely bear all risks in its use. In no circumstance shall CPC be liable for compensating any direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or derivative damages due to (1) use or unavailability of any service on the Formosa Selection Smart Living Exhibition Hall; (2) any message acquired from the Formosa Selection Smart Living Exhibition Hall; (3) any third party’s statement or act on the Formosa Selection Smart Living Exhibition Hall; or (4) any other matter related to the services on the Formosa Selection Smart Living Exhibition Hall).
Purpose for Collection of Information
The CPC may collect users’ information for the purposes of providing the services on the Website; CPC’s marketing services and special events or other purposes to which you agree.
In operating the Website, we may collect and process the below information related to you:
- Information provided through the completion of the forms on our Website, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone/fax number, email, company introduction, product catalogue and relevant information, as well as other operating information related to you.
- Detailed contents and resources accessed from the Website, including but not limited to traffic, location, weblogs and other information transmitted.
- Information provided to us or others when contact is made with us or others through the Website.
- Other information you provide to the Website or us.
Period, Territory, Target and Manner of Information Use
- CPC has a confidentiality policy for all personal data provided by Users through the Website, and CPC uses and/or publishes the data provided in accordance with the agreement between the product display vendors and CPC.
- Your personal data will be kept by CPC until you officially request us to delete it, unless otherwise required by law.
- The information collected by the Website may be saved and processed in any country where CPC operates. When you use the Website, you agree that the information may be transmitted outside your home country.
- CPC may provide your information to a representative, signatory or supplier of other relevant services and/or partners in order to provide the services of the Website. Sometimes we collect computer data related to you in order to provide our partners with statistics used in the provision of services and the provision of websites.
Consultation and Correction
You have the right to consult or seek to view your basic personal data, ask for copies of it, ask to supplement or correct it or ask to stop the collection, processing or use of said data or to delete it, unless otherwise required by law. You may use the contact information of the Website to make requests of the above consultation and correction.
Impact on Your Interest from Failure to Provide Information
If you do not provide relevant information, you may be unable to benefit from the services provided by the Website or may be unable to achieve your purpose for the use of the Website.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send by email to: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the Formosa Selection Smart Living Exhibition Hall (website address: http://smart-living.tw; hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). The Website contents specify the terms and conditions agreed by you (the “User” or “You”) and the China Productivity Center (“CPC” or “We”) (the “Terms”). You shall access and use this Website under CPC’s administration in accordance with these Terms. When You start accessing and/or using this Website, You are deemed to have agreed to comply with and be bound by these Terms. Please read the below clauses carefully. If You don’t agree with these Terms, please do not use the Website.
I. General Terms
- Web Contents. The Website provides an online platform allowing companies and other corporate entities to access and use the information, data, documents, texts, graphics, short films, industry and commercial lists, files, databases, name lists, services or systems (hereinafter referred to as the “Contents”) provided by the Website.
- Amendment. CPC may decide at its own discretion to amend these Terms at any time and publish the latest version of the Terms on the Website, without further notice to its members. The Users have an obligation to review the latest Terms published at any time. These Terms shall not be amended or changed without CPC’s consent.
II. Acceptance of Terms
The Users agree to the terms and conditions provided in these Terms. In accessing and/or using the Website, Users are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms, regardless of whether the Users have actually read or reviewed them. In accessing, using or continuing to access and/or use the Website, Users are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the latest version of these Terms. If the User does not agree to the terms and conditions of the latest version of these Terms, the User should stop using this Website immediately.
III. Provision of Contents
- Contents Provided. CPC has full discretion to decide the Contents of the Website and the manner in which they are provided. The Users confirm that CPC may remove, alter, upgrade, suspend, revoke or terminate all or part of the Contents at any time without prior notice to the Users.
- Restriction of Use. CPC has the right to restrict use of all or part of the Contents for any reason, including but not limited to revising or removing any information posted by the Users on the Website, or performing reviews, without prior notice to the Users. CPC has unilateral discretion to remove any information that it reasonably deems unlawful, any information that may incur liability for CPC, any information in breach of these Terms or any information deemed improper by CPC. The Users confirm and agree that CPC may restrict the Contents used by the Users without any compensation liability.
Third-Party Contents. The Users confirm and agree that certain Contents provided by the Website may be provided by third parties (“Third-Party Contents”) (including but not limited to Third-Party Contents provided by product display vendors or other transaction platforms). CPC is not responsible for any such Third-Party Contents. CPC has the right to remove, alter, upgrade, suspend, revoke or terminate all or part of such Third-Party Contents at its discretion at any time, without prior notice to the Users. CPC shall not be liable for such measures.
IV. Use Restrictions
- No Resale. The purpose of the Users’ access, use and/or viewing of the Website shall be limited to their personal or internal purposes. It is prohibited to use the Contents of this Website for any purpose other than expressly permitted in these Terms. The Users agree not to copy, reproduce, download and/or systematically access any Content of the Website for the purpose of distribution, sale or other commercial aim without CPC’s prior written consent.
- Breach of Security Measures. Users shall not breach or attempt to breach the security measures of the Website, including but not limited to accessing restricted information, logging into restricted servers or accounts, attempting to probe, inspect or test system or network loopholes, attempting to sabotage security or verification measures without proper authorization, attempting to interfere with member services, servers or networks or sending unsolicited emails. Any User found breaching system or network security may incur civil or criminal liability.
- Breach of Law. In using the Website, Users shall not (1) transmit, send or save information in breach of any applicable law; (2) infringe upon any other person’s patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right or interest, nor shall they breach any other person’s privacy, image right or other persona right; (3) engage in any act in breach of the law.
- If you are under the age of 20, you shall only use this service after your legal representative reads, understands and agrees to all provisions of these Terms, including subsequently amended provisions. However, if you have accepted the services, it shall be deemed that you have acquired the legal representative’s consent and shall comply with all provisions of these Terms.
- Unsolicited Email. Users shall not send unsolicited emails, including but not limited to emails of any form that is sent without the consent of the recipient.
- Contractual Restrictions. Users understand that the use restrictions under Article IV and other relevant clauses of these Terms are contractual restrictions, which may not be restricted through technical means on the Website.
- Users shall not engage in any of the below acts:
(1) Infringe or otherwise encourage others to infringe or breach any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right, privacy right or other legal right.
(2) Any act involving the copying, reproduction, use or abuse of CPC’s proprietary industrial and commercial list, database, name list or other information.
(3) Planned sabotage to the integrity of the computer system or network used by CPC and/or Content Users or attempt to access said computer system or network without authorization.
(4) Use or provide any computer virus that sabotages, interferes, intercepts or abuses any software or hardware system, information or personal data or other harmful device or code.
(5) Provide any product, service or Content prohibited by the law or these Terms, or the direct or indirect Internet links thereto, or include any description of such product, service, Content or information.
(6) Fraud against other Users or other users of the Website or any act forming a part of a plan for any other unlawful purpose.
(7) Direct or indirect breach of the law.
V. Intellectual Property
All Contents of this Website are the intellectual properties of CPC or other right holders and are protected by laws of copyright, trademark and other propriety rights. No download or other reproduction is allowed without the express written consent of CPC or other right holders. All rights, ownership and intellectual property rights of the Contents belong to CPC and use is strictly prohibited without CPC’s consent. CPC reserves all relevant rights.
VI. Disclaimer and Limited Liability
- No liability to Users’ activities. CPC is not liable for any User’s act on the Website, nor shall it be liable for the damage suffered.
- No liability for User-provided information. CPC is not liable for any information posted by Users or third parties, including but not limited to fraudulent, false, misleading, incorrect, libelous, offensive or unlawful information, nor shall it be liable to said User or third party. Each member shall be liable for the risk of damage of such information. CPC has no obligation to review the contents posted by Users on the Website.
- No liability for error or interruption of the Website. CPC shall not be liable to Users or any third party for any loss, damage, claim/demand, responsibility or breakage of any kind caused by the following: (i) Error, incorrectness or omission of this Website, the services or any product that may be acquired through this Website or its Contents; (ii) unavailability or interruption of the Website, its functions or applications; (iii) User’s use of the Website; (iv) Contents included on the Website; or (v) delay or inability to perform obligations due to the use or unavailability of the Website.
- No liability for contents provided. All Contents provided by and/or through the Website are provided on an “as is” basis and CPC hereby expressly disclaims any express or implied warranty, including but not limited to ownership, quality, conditions, functions, precision, reliability, marketability or non-infringing warranties. To the maximum extent permitted by law, it also excludes the above warranties, representations, terms and conditions. Users undertake all liabilities and risks of using the Contents of or through the Website.
- No representation about precision or capability. CPC will make its best efforts to ensure the highest integrity and precision of the Website. However, to the maximum extent permitted by law, CPC does not represent or warrant the effectiveness, legality, precision, quality, reliability, stability or integrity of the information or products provided on and/or through the Website, or any representation or warranty about the buyer’s ability to purchase products, nor does it represent or warrant that any transaction can be completed.
- Own risk. Users use Contents or acquire information based on their unilateral discretions and shall solely undertake the relevant risks, as well as the responsibility for any damage to computer systems or loss of data due to downloads or use of such information.
- No implied warranty. Other than the warranties expressly stated in these Terms, CPC does not provide any warranty for the Contents of the Website.
- Links to other websites. The he Website includes links to third-party websites. These links are provided for Users’ convenience only. CPC does not endorse the contents of such third-party websites. Therefore, when Users connect to such websites, they shall do so at their own risk.
- Provision of information to government authorities. CPC has the right to fully cooperate with government authorities, private investigative companies and/or third parties who have suffered losses to investigate any act of suspected criminal or civil offense. CPC may also disclose Users’ identities, contact information or any other information pursuant to the request of government or law enforcement authorities or third parties suffering damages, or in accordance with subpoenas or in other legal actions, and shall not be liable for any damage or result incurred. Users agree not to file any proceeding, claim and/or demand (including lawsuit) against CPC for such disclosure.
- No derivative damage. CPC is not liable for compensating, including but not limited to, special, direct, indirect, consequential or derivative damages, including but not limited to loss of profit, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loss caused by the use of the Website, unavailability of the Website to any person, malfunction, error, omission, interruption, defect, operating or transmission delay, computer virus, system breakdown or unauthorized access to member data or personal data by third parties, or damage from business interruption, whether or not CPC has been notified in advance of the possibility of such damage.
VIII. User Compensation
If CPC or any of its employees, agents, directors, officers, affiliates, representatives, successors, third-party information or document providers or any person representing CPC is subject to any liability, demand, claim, loss, expense (including but not limited to litigation and attorney’s fee) or damage due to any User’s breach of these Terms (including but not limited to Users’ representations and warranties) or any document referred to in these Terms, the use of the services through the Website or infringement upon any other person’s right (including but not limited to any product, detail or information provided, infringement upon third party’s patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights), the User shall compensate all losses incurred. CPC reserves the exclusive right for defense and control over the above matters without releasing the Users of the compensation liability.
Unless otherwise agreed, all legal notices to CPC in relation to these Terms shall be sent to CPC by email or in writing (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, address: 2F., No.79, Sec. 1, Xintai 5th Rd., Xizhi Dist., New Taipei City). CPC has the right to give legal notice to the Users based on the addresses or emails provided to CPC by the Users at the time of application. Notice sent by email shall be deemed delivered 24 hours after the email is sent unless the sender receives a notice that the email address of the recipient is invalid. Notice sent by post shall be deemed delivered 3 days after posting.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by the laws of the Republic of China. All disputes between the parties due to these Terms shall be subject to the first-instance jurisdiction of the Taipei District Court of the Republic of China.
Title. The titles in these Terms are provided for convenience only and shall not be used to interpret, restrict, explain or illustrate the scope of the clauses.
- No Waiver. CPC’s waiver or non-enforcement of its right or action when a User breaches these Terms shall not be deemed as its waiver of its right to take action against other breaches by the User.
- Assignment. CPC has the right to assign these Terms to any person or entity. However, no User shall assign these Terms to any person or entity without CPC’s consent.
- Language. In case of any discrepancy between other translated versions of these Terms and the traditional Chinese version, the traditional Chinese version shall prevail.
- Question or Suggestion. If you have any question or suggestion, please send by email to: email@example.com